Monday, September 16, 2013

September 10, 2013 - Week 5

Hola familia y las personas bonita!
 
I have zero time to write, but one week more until I graduate the CCM and move on to the real world! I cannot wait. The song, One Day More, from Les Mis keeps going through my head, but I have changed the words to be more applicable to my circumstance, since I´m not quite joining the French Revolution. But, I WILL BE IN EL SALVADOR! (or Belize, I´m not sure.) I´m assuming I´ll go to El Salvador first since that´s where the mission home is. I think we´ll get the itinerary on Friday. I can´t wait! It´s weird to be the old veterans here now. Sometimes I still feel like a 1st week baby.
 
Everything is still spectacular. I am in love with Spanish! It´s such a beautiful language. It´s amazing the progress our whole district has made. We can all pretty much teach about anything now. I am anxious to hear what they speak like in El Salvador, since the latinos here speak with much patience and very slow for us. I taught a Latino elder the other day and I am sure his ears were bleeding and he was extremely bored, but I love talking to them! I met two hermanas the other day in the comedor from El Salvador!! They just kept telling me how beautiful it is and how much I am going to love. I think she was saying something about a waterfall, but I couldn´t be too sure, so I was just nodding my head and smiling. She said said it´s very very hot, and I asked if they like blonde people, and she just laughed at me so I´m not sure what that meant. Hopefully they do!
 
The primary song, I´m Trying to Be Like Jesus, has been going through my head all week, and I just think the words are so wonderful and can be an example to each and every one of us! As we live our lives in a way that puts a smile on Heavenly Father´s face, we will be able to feel His love and the blessings He will give us are immense. I know this with all my heart.
 
Love, Hermana Haynie

No comments:

Post a Comment