Monday, September 16, 2013

September 3, 2014 - Week 4!



Hola!
It´s bizarre that in two weeks I will be heading off to either El Salvador or Belize! This week was very unexpected, but in the end, I know that everything that happened was what needed to. My companion, the wonderful Hermana Thaxton whom I love dearly, had to go home. We found out she had to leave on Wednesday night, and by Thursday mid-morning she was gone. Thursday may have been the longest day of the CCM so far. All of our eyes were swollen and puffy from the many tears. It was really heart-breaking to watch her go, but through it, I have been amazed at the love I have felt from my Father in Heaven. He is the one I turn to now. I have also seen how aware He is of each and every one of us and that when we are need of comfort, He will send people to be there for us. I see how much of a blessing it was that the four of us hermanas in my district were already so close, because now with Hermana Thaxton gone, I am in a trio with Hermana Smalley and Hermana Sargent and it doesn´t seem strange at all! I love my dalring companeras. We were all already together so much and live in the same room, so they have made the transition quite smooth. Teaching with the three of us hasn´t been too much of an adjustment, which I know is a direct blessing from our Heavenly Father. I am incredibly thankful for the two of them and the Elders in our district. It was hard on everyone when she left because we are our own little family here, but if anything, I think it has brought us all even closer. I hope with all my heart that when Hermana Thaxton comes back out (hopefully she´ll keep her same call, but she doesn´t know yet) I will get to see her in El Salvador or Belize and it will be the most wonderful reunion!
We are still the only ones in our casa, so there are 4 empty bedrooms, which means we all have our own bathroom. I definitely did not expect to be so spoiled here! The weather is still beautiful. Downpours of rain happen daily and last much longer than they ever do at home. I love the storms here. Hermana Sargent danced in the rain the other night, which seemed like a delightful idea at the time, until we had to sit in class for 3 more hours with wet clothes.
We watched this talk the other day by Elder Holland about the apostle Peter and the First Great Commandment. In his talk, he spoke about how Peter and his brother, Andrew, threw out their nets and immediately followed the Lord when he said to them, ¨Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.¨My favorite part about those verses in Matthew is the next one: Änd they straightway left their nets and followed Him.¨ They didn´t hesitate when asked to follow the Savior. They left their nets immeidately, without any second thought, and began their apostalic ministry. Elder Holland said how, as missionaries, the Savior has extended this call to all of us! What an opportunity! I am certainly not a fisher-woman of any sort, so my the casting of my net is figurative, but in following the Savior we too let go of how we were before and promise to Him our eternal service in feeding His sheep. Our calling as missionaries ins´t just for 18 months, it´s a forever calling. As we devote ourselves to the Savior and show our love for Him by following the perfect example He has set, He will make us fishers of men. 
I cannot wait to finally get to El Salvador and Belize and begin inviting the wonderful people there to come unto Christ! I know with all my heart that the Lord is always, always there for us!
Mucho amor,
Hermana Haynie





The Trio - Hermana Smalley and Hermana Sargent
(sorry for the small picture - it's too blurry to go larger) 

No comments:

Post a Comment